Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Summary of my experiences from Finland.

Now that I’m back in Poland and I’m thinking back at the Erasmus trip I’m really glad i went there. Not only I met many new people and learnt new things and new ways of seeing the world as well as education. I believe that since studying is the last part of your life before you have to go to work you should enjoy it. It’s not only exams and hard work it’s also fun. And people should remember about it. Thanks to my trip to Finland I gained many new Friends, some of them on the other side of the planet I also experienced many new things. For example my English went up by a level, especially the speaking. We talked a lot with foreign students, learnt about their cultures as well as their world views. It really changes a person.

The swimming pool.
The University is really well prepared for exchange students. You have a student cafeteria where you can eat decent meals, and cheap too, since usually the scholarship money isn’t that much in Finland. Free swimming pool entrances as well as free to use Gym and other facilities are really nice.




 We rented a room with a projector to watch a movie with other exchange students. The cinema room was spacious and well equipped.

Even though I don’t like clubs much even I went to a few with newly met friends. I would also like to mention that a lot of those fun experiences were thanks to an ex student of our Polish university living in Finland in that city. His name was Sergiusz and not only he showed us around a lot, and gave us lots of hints. He also introduced us to many people, especially Finnish people. If not for him my contacts with other Fins would have been quite poor.


Summarizing the whole trip, I’m extremely glad I went to Finland for Erasmus. I wish I could have stayed there for longer, but I’m seriously thinking about doing my practice in Finland. I believe that living in a foreign country really allows a person to change, and know himself better. Even though it was only four month, those four months are very meaningful to me. I seriously fell in love with Finland, even though it’s a big country with small population (for its size). It’s extremely nice and strong. I learned a lot by interacting with foreign people, be it Finnish or other exchange students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment